Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vail Downhill

Justin, my brother and the girls decided to ride their bikes down Vail mountain.  Here they are at the tippy top ready to do the down hill....

Tayor and Big Unc

The downhill crew!


The Vail pass is on I-70 West bound out of Denver.  There is a bike path that goes the entire distance... you can ride to Copper, Dillion on one side and into Vail on the other.  I think you could do around 44 miles if you do the whole thing.  Of course, 12 or so of those would be up a mountain.  We took the easy ride and dropped them on the top of the mountain and the did the down hill side.  The ride was gorgeous - so I hear... and the girls did over 20 mph - Taylor went over 30 mph.  It's an 8 percent grade on the highway so as I drove down I prayed they'd all be careful and safe...  And they were... Here they are at the finish...



And here is the crew cheering and waiting at the bottom... won't be long till she is riding down the hill too!




No comments:

Post a Comment