Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Fun Project

On our "snow day", we made gingerbread houses and decorated Christmas trees! The gingerbread houses were made with chocolate graham crackers and the houses turned out to be the perfect size. I keep seeing those gingerbread kits in the stores, but I am not ready to take on a gingerbread house of that size so we thought we would have a go at something a little smaller. The trees are sugar cones upside down, coated with green icing and then the girls decorated them with candy. Not the most nutritious project, but it was fun and yummy!




Can you see all the icing on Aubrey's clothes and face?
Taylor was a bit neater, but I am sure she ate way more mint M&M's than we actually used on the houses! :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sugar cone trees and mint m&ms! what a super fun project. Can't wait for Cameron to be old enough to do all this cool stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy and fun!!! We're doing ours this weekend ~ wish us luck :)

    ReplyDelete