The kids found they really enjoyed jumping off the top of the boat dock... I'm sure thats allowed, right?! The Duck kids climbed right up there and jumped off - Taylor stood on the edge for awhile debating on if she was really ready and then when NO ONE WAS LOOKING - off she goes.... I guess she didn't like the pressure of us all watching. Of course, she did it 150 times more...
We added a few toys to the list this year - kneeboard and wake surf board (actually, this is the Hertel's new toy, but until they have their own boat, we have offered to store it rent free ;) ). The kids enjoyed being able to do something other than the tube and the adults enjoyed attempting to master the wake surf board.
A sunset tube ride
See all the slack in Justin's line... this means he's got it! Then you throw the rope in and surf without the rope. He managed to throw the rope a few times and stay up for quite awhile. The rest of us, well, we will probably get it next time. :)
I think Kenzie and I were up only long enough for this picture.
Here is just a taste of some of my favorite candids...
Don't put this crew together without a few dozen Apple gadgets either - I can't imagine what that would be like. Between the 3 families of 4, we have 1 i-pod shuffle, 2 i-pod touches, 5 i-phones, 1 i-pad.... oh, my... we are always connected. We find ourselves playing Words with Friends on our phones across the table from one another... What do you think about that???
We had a great vacation with very dear friends... so sorry it had to end! Here's to next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment