Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in Estes Park

Christmas Highlights:
(Yes, I realize its March and I am just now blogging Christmas... but thanks to the post date feature in  blogger - years from now I won't even notice or remember this took me so long.) 
  • Justin and I were able to steal away and ski Copper Mountain - thanks MOM!
  • We rented a gorgeous house in Estes Park that accommodated 24 people comfortably and had a hot tub for the kiddos
  • The WHOLE family was there - Mom and Wyatt, Wyatt's kids and their families and my siblings and their families
  • I"M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE AGAIN - biggest and bestest news of the holiday season... Trish and Tom are having a baby in August
  • The kiddos enjoyed the Colorado snow... even though there was less than 2 inches of it at Estes, they still managed to sled - again, thanks MOM for getting the second hand snow pants - Aubrey was bringing back the styles of the 90's in her bright one piece snow suit.   She loved it!
  • Santa came and he brought everything our hearts desired... pillow pets, DS's AND a bell from his sleigh
  • We made some great new friends in our "step-cousins" - we love that Timme side!  They are FUN!
  • We visited the Stanley Hotel where Stephen King's The Shining was inspired
  • We had our yearly feast at Spaghetti Factory in Denver
  • Mostly, we were just ALL TOGETHER!
Copper Mountain - Ski Day


I forgot how much fun it is to SKI!


Sledding right out the front door at the house in Estes











 Trisha had made a scrap book for baby and showed it to us and thats how she let us know her BIG news!  So happy for them!

The girls in their matching PJ's with their American Girl dolls... precious.

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!


Cowboy Jack

New phone for Tristen - Hello?  Hello?

The boys!

Local wildlife

The girls!

The Christensen Family - Wyatt's daughter Melissa, Matt, Bryce and Lily

The KID crew

At the Stanley Hotel




 Our whole family is a bit smitten with Sadie, Grandma's dog -
I think she likes us too  ;)

The girls with their GREAT Aunt Shirley

 The Spaghetti Factory

BANANAGRAMS - great game for new spellers and readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment